Activity from nat

Showing comments from:
Displaying comments 1 to 50 of 114
filthy light thief in Phoenix, AZ
Finally actually permanently in AZ, and I also finally found this thread! I'd like to join too. It's probably just me, because Mr. Nat is busy with a heavy workload this week, but we'll see. Glad I looked at the list of events!
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 8:07 PM on September 11, 2017
I think a reservation is a good idea, especially because Mr. Nat is actually coming, so that makes 8. (Can't figure out how to update my count on mobile).
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 12:22 PM on September 13, 2017
Scroll down, nat, scroll down. Updated my count now.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 12:47 PM on September 13, 2017
Sounds good! We will head out soon (coming from Tempe). I've got a purple striped work shirt on. I think my mefi shirt is not on a boat anymore but it isn't here either, so purple stripes it is.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 6:10 PM on September 13, 2017

Am in D.C, want to meet Mefites
Oh man, I'm just going to miss this! I'm around the weekend 29-30, and fly out early 31 (I'm usually in Denmark). I'm gonna see where you all go though, and maybe drag Mr. Nat with me a few days early.. because Mefites choose fun places!
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 9:24 AM on October 21, 2016

Southampton minimeetup!
Actually It looks like I'm bad with dates, I'm in Southampton from october 12-14. I have to leave for London on Friday night.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 4:06 PM on October 1, 2016
Annoyingly I actually have to have a skype meeting at 7pm on Thursday.. so I am actually trying to see if I can head up to London saturday morning, instead. That would mean Friday is best. Can you do friday, comealongpole?
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 4:04 PM on October 6, 2016
Yes, I'm definitely headed up to London Saturday am. So I can do either evening as well now (13 or 14).
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 8:48 AM on October 7, 2016
I don't know Southampton at all, but concur on the "place we can hear ourselves talk". I am staying at Highfield House Hotel, and happy to go anywhere that is walking or transit distance from that.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 7:07 PM on October 10, 2016
Mettricks sounds fine to me. What time are you all thinking?
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 2:49 PM on October 12, 2016
The difference in distance doesn't really matter to me, since I'm likely to take a bus anyhow. I'd really be happy with any of these suggestions, so I'll trust you two to choose and then put up the place+time once we pick! I can probably be there by 5:30.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 4:03 AM on October 13, 2016
I'll have purple stripes, a blue hat, and a very lost expression. 6pm sounds good to me.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 7:33 AM on October 13, 2016
Yes indeed, thank you both for coming!
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 10:42 AM on October 16, 2016

Brighton UK Meetup
When, exactly? I will be in Southampton for work Oct 12-15 or so, and I would definitely go if that's where and when.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 12:04 PM on September 11, 2016
Hmm oh, if it is Oct 15, if anyone is going from Southampton and wouldn't mind a tagalong, perhaps that could be an interesting adventure too.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 12:08 PM on September 11, 2016
Looks like I'll miss the main meetup on the weekend of oct 7/8, alas. Have fun y'all! As for any minimeetup, I'll be in Southhampton from morning of Oct 12 until the end of Oct 14. Current plan is to leave for London evening of Oct 14 but that's flexible. So I can't make a mini meetup on Oct 11, but I might be able to another day. Please memail me if that's in the works!
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 6:04 AM on September 19, 2016
FYI for anyone else who can't make the Brighton meetup, I'm proposing a minimeetup in Southampton a week later.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 4:03 PM on October 1, 2016

Ice Cream Social, Denmark
Ok. I sent out a few memails so hopefully more people will come to the thread (but it is July holidays). If you're the only vote though, we'll do the 17th!
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 3:21 PM on July 12, 2016
Mr. Nat's not a mefite either, so your husband will be in good company :-) Otherwise let's do Sunday 17; I think it works for everyone who has responded so far. now for figuring out how to confirm details..
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 5:11 AM on July 14, 2016
Olufs is tiny, so finding each other shouldn't be an issue. The bigger issue is if it is too breezy to sit outside we may have to wander in somewhere-- they don't really have much inside space. F?lledparken is right nearby, as is my office and lounge, so we have options if we want more space- but I figure we will stay in sight of Olufs until all the responders to the thread show up. I have my Mefi shirt on, too.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 5:29 AM on July 17, 2016
Thanks all for coming out, I enjoyed getting to meet y'all! And am definitely up for Amager-is next time.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 7:41 AM on July 18, 2016

Skwirl in Copenhagen -- cheap beers, cocktails and Pétanque
I might be a wee bit late, since I've got a meeting that might run until 6. But I'll come as soon as I'm done. FYI when I've been in smaller mefi areas, it's sometimes been useful to hand-memail the people I know are from around, many people don't check IRL regularly.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 6:33 AM on October 12, 2015

Want to join me at noma?
I actually fly out on September 16, but can confirm that noma is quite enjoyable if pricey! good luck getting people to join, and if anyone is interested in a separate meetup event say, the weekend before-- ping me!
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 4:37 AM on July 7, 2015

A Møøse once bit my sister at Triviå. No realli!
Seriously? yall have to have a meetup on the one day this week I'm out of town? Phoo! or perhaps Ph?? if you prefer.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 2:34 PM on January 20, 2015
One week only, sadly. But I will come back in July. fair warning:my brain only does physics and occasionally ancient languages, so my trivia use is limited.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 6:05 PM on January 20, 2015
jeg taler lidt dansk ogs? so I can help with ? , ? and ?. You will have to figure out ? on your own.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 6:12 PM on January 20, 2015
This appears relevant. Doesn't mention pineapples, though.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 12:52 PM on January 21, 2015

When in London, meetup: II, the wintering
So 8 people are interested. What shall we do, and when shall we do it?
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 1:57 AM on November 12, 2014
Ah. I'm staying nearest to Victoria station, I think, but I am happy to travel wherever (by tube or bus).
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 6:43 PM on November 12, 2014
I would suggest this place: draughts, except it opens Saturday so it could be a bit crazy. Anyhow I can be free from mid afternoon onwards, and am especially interested in dinner time exploits. I don't really know London, so it is hard for me to pick an area. Where do y'all usually meet up?
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 3:22 PM on November 13, 2014
Sure, sounds lovely. I am in principal free from about 3 pm on, so I can do either afternoon or evening (or I supposed both) depending on what works for other people. I will go ahead and put Draughts down as the official location.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 6:46 AM on November 14, 2014
Right. I am here at Draughts and it looks lovely, but I won't grab a table until at least one more of us shows up. I am standing awkwardly with a ginger beer.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 8:03 AM on November 15, 2014
No one has come to talk to me and my ginger beer, but perhaps i am not obvious enough..
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 8:20 AM on November 15, 2014
of course! I am a master of standing around awkwardly!
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 8:25 AM on November 15, 2014

Arizona Science Center meetup
Doesn't have to be Tempe, we could definitely go somewhere else. I will be able to do more planning myself starting say Sept 14 or so.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 10:51 AM on September 3, 2014
The 14th itself won't work for me, as I'm gone that weekend, but that's when I can be less of a space cadet and actually start some planning. If someone else wants to be less spacey and plan now, I'm all for it.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 5:35 PM on September 3, 2014
Ok I'll get on organizing when I get back on Monday. Maker House does look pretty great, but it is a drive from here for sure. Is there anything interesting between here and Tuscon?
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 2:05 PM on September 9, 2014
Yup, I think Superplin and nubianinthedesert are right; Tuscon's pretty far for us Tempe/Phoenix folk. I vote we plan a Tempe thing, and maybe separately also a Tuscon thing-- I might myself be down in Tuscon in the next couple weeks anyhow. So, for folk in for Tempe, what days/times are best for you? I was sorta thinking I'd like to try out a local event or food place. (I've got until October 12th myself).
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 2:45 PM on September 15, 2014
How do people feel about the Arizona science center's free event this friday? ? If that timing doesn't work for people, I could be available on monday, Tuesday, or wednesday night, either this week or next.
posted to MeFi IRL by
nat at 9:13 PM on September 28, 2014
Ok, that's at least 2 of us (plus my plus one) who are interested! I think I'll go ahead and post this as our event so it gets put back up on the main page. Is there any interest in dinner before hand? It looks like the doors are open from 5:30-9, but I think I'd like to grab food before starting a little later on.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 3:34 PM on September 29, 2014
Hmm.. Pizzeria Bianco is right near by, but it has a reputation of having a terrible wait. Any better local suggestions?
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 3:03 PM on September 30, 2014
Looks like Nobuo at Teeter House (Japanese fusion) is right there; it gets good reviews and takes reservations, but I don't know how well it would work out if people want to show up whenever. There's also the nearby Rose and Crown, which has pub food and gets decent reviews; it's probably simpler for meeting up. I don't really know the lightrail, but there's this website which talks about food along it.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 8:17 PM on September 30, 2014
Oh and Superplin and Weeping_angel- sorry to (possibly) miss both of you. I think we'll plan on dinner c. 6, and heading over to the museum more like 7-7:30. I'll have my smartphone too so we can try to pick a place to meetup if either of you (or anyone else!) wants to join later.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 8:19 PM on September 30, 2014
Ok, let's start at R+C. What time works for you?
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 12:29 PM on October 2, 2014
Sounds good! I'll update the description at the top. See you around 6:15, then.
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 8:06 PM on October 2, 2014
FYI- seems that tickets are free but they want us to RSVP. I printed out 6 tickets, so we have a few; I'll have email and whatnot on my phone so if anyone needs to grab one let me know. (I expect since they're free it's not a huge deal but I have no real idea).
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 1:53 PM on October 3, 2014
We are headed over to the Science Center now. See you there!
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 7:28 PM on October 3, 2014

August meetup before I leave!
Wunderground thinks it's supposed to be clear on Friday, so I'm going ahead and confirming for beer garden at 5 (with Mark's Carts whenever people are hungry).
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 11:19 AM on August 11, 2014
I was planning on wearing my metafilter shirt, assuming it isn't in a box already. There is parking in the city garage at 5th on Liberty, and also a lot on Ashley closer by, if street parking is bad (I will come on foot, myself).
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 11:03 PM on August 13, 2014
I am running a few min late but I do have my mefi shirt on. See you soon!
posted to MeFi IRL by nat at 1:59 PM on August 15, 2014