Activity from LeLiLo

Showing comments from:
Displaying comments 1 to 11 of 11
Resistor - Peace on Earth
Really quite pleasant listening, while sitting here (inside the house, but wrapped in a blanket with both heaters going in my office) during the first blizzard of the season.
posted to MeFi Music by LeLiLo at 4:52 PM on December 29, 2015

I AM NOT A BOT - a message to Twitter
I cannot believe any bot would have that cool Alabama accent. Ipso facto, you must be human.

[after watching the video] Esmeralda certainly is a fine-looking woman. Did she get her hair at the Dixie Wigs place?
posted to MeFi Music by LeLiLo at 11:05 PM on March 5, 2015

Particle Man
Yeah, this is really good. Especially, as umbu says, the harmonies.
posted to MeFi Music by LeLiLo at 11:18 PM on January 23, 2015

Particle Man
Nice job. Last summer/fall I went on a (really) long car trip and took along a bunch of my (really) favorite songs to keep me and the other guy in the vehicle company. By far his favorite on the playlists turned out to be Particle Man.

p.s. I have listened to PM for years, and never in my wildest imaginings would have connected it with Robert Mitchum.
posted to MeFi Music by LeLiLo at 11:07 PM on January 23, 2015

I Had To Crawl To Arizona
That was going really well, and then the dolphins took it to a whole other level. People like Paul Winter went out to the ocean to record music with whales, but they weren't cool enough to bring them right into the club, like you did. Fantastic.
posted to MeFi Music by LeLiLo at 10:58 PM on April 2, 2013

251 Towns
A friend now in Richmond (VT) and I once tried to do a song – more of a chant, really – about Vermont's counties (14, as opposed to 251 towns). It started out great: "Addison / Bennington, Caledonia / Chittenden, Essex / Franklin, and Grand Isle." And it ends pretty well too: "Washington / Windham / and Windsor."

But the four counties in the middle of the alphabet, starting with with Lamoille, don't scan at all. Anyway, nice job here, jessamyn and n_o_d. Catchy indeed.
posted to MeFi Music by LeLiLo at 10:43 PM on April 2, 2013

Hey Google, My Town's in the Lake
That was excellent. A happy side to a very sad story of geographical incompetence. A bit shorter, but much better than, the semi-notorious '802 rap' about VT’s area code.

My favorite VT computer map story involves MapQuest, in the days before Google Maps existed — I asked it how to get from our house in Bar Harbor on the Maine coast to my brother's place in the very VT hamlet of Maple Corner.

First step, it said, go downtown… [more]
posted to MeFi Music by LeLiLo at 9:09 PM on June 9, 2010

Little Bug on the Floor
Man, you are not fucking around with that jew's harp.

This is not bad (in fact, it's quite good), but mr. flapjax is even more impressive on that thing when he plays Dan Moi #1. [YouTube only, not MeFi Music.] Truly mind-boggling.
posted to MeFi Music by LeLiLo at 8:50 PM on February 8, 2010

Twist and Doubt (spoken version)
That's a heck of a jelly bean truck, if it has the ability to drive from Tokyo to West Virginia... actually, this is a really nice Unplugged adaptation of the song, which I also liked in the other version.

If you'd like to know what that string instrument is that's accompanying my voice, well, one video is worth a thousand words...

Could you spare one more word (or two) to mention what the instrument is called? You're the best player of the [whatever it is] I've ever seen!
posted to MeFi Music by LeLiLo at 11:56 AM on November 21, 2009

Hallelujah (drone version)
Not a big fan of Cohen's (I didn't even recognize this song until almost 2 minutes were gone), but a huge Samm (flapjax) fan. This is another hypnotic, pulsing, terrific creation — very minimal, yes, but with a lot going on.
posted to MeFi Music by LeLiLo at 5:41 PM on June 16, 2009

Mathowie's Community Blog
Definitely Best of the Web ("at mathowie's community blog"). The original was wonderful enough, and now the recorded version (plus the album cover) make things even better. Congratulations to all involved.

May you be wired much funds (from Nigeria and elsewhere).
posted to MeFi Music by LeLiLo at 3:12 PM on September 4, 2006